This scheme of work explores the use of persuasion and manipulation of advertising in the medium of film. Students will briefly explore other areas where manipulation and persuasion are found; use of language and images; camera shots and angles; storyboard and script.
This scheme is intended to be delivered to KS3 and KS4, and could be adapted as a media unit of work. The overall objective is to give students a greater understanding of how persuasion and manipulation work, and to produce their own complete advertisement lasting 30 seconds.
By the end of this scheme students will have learnt:
- To explore persuasion, manipulation and advertising
- To demonstrate an understanding of how language and imagery is used to persuade and manipulate
- To know and understand the processes of devising for film
- To communicate a message to an audience
- To recognise and use drama strategies, mediums and elements
- To understand and demonstrate how to develop own and others’ work
- To assess own work and work of others.
Number of lessons: 6
Please note – this SOW has nothing to do with the Jane Austen novel of the same name or any of its associated adaptations