This scheme of work can be used with the Drama and Theatre Studies Specification GCSE – Unit 1. The scheme is ready to be used as a 6-hour exam and is structured into four two-part sessions. (This is the six hours practical, and allows for two hours for notes which I have included in the scheme; I do this as a whole day exam with breaks every two hours.) It meets the criteria for the exam, allowing students to use a variety of explorative strategies, drama mediums and elements of drama in the exploration of a range of the stimuli based on the theme of war.
To use a variety of strategies, elements and mediums to explore the dramatic potential of the theme of war.
By the end of the project the student will be able to:
- Discuss with confidence the dramatic potential of the theme
- Use strategies, elements and mediums to explore the theme of war in a creative way
- Record their understanding of strategies, elements and mediums by completing notes
- Organise rehearsal time and collaborate with others in a mature and focused manner
- Discuss ideas within their group, showing a creative and imaginative facility
- Recognize strengths and weaknesses in their own and others’ work
- Evaluate the workshop using technical terminology.