Teechers by John Godber
This scheme of work explores the play Teechers by John Godber. It is intended to be delivered to KS3 and KS4. The overall objective is to enable students to explore a contemporary play in a social and cultural context, to learn and use Drama strategies, mediums and elements and to reach the higher scale of the KS3 drama objectives.
By the end of this scheme students will have learnt:
- To know and understand the play Teechers by John Godber
- To explore social and cultural issues through Teechers
- To demonstrate an understanding of the characters, the events and the issues explored
- To explore the communication of character to an audience
- To recognise and use drama strategies, mediums and elements
- To understand and demonstrate how to develop own and others’ work
- To assess own work and work of others.
All the text used is listed in the Resources section 1 to 3. Resource 2 is a student booklet that can be used:
- To consolidate learning
- To check what the student understands of the work covered
- To set homework tasks
- For teacher assessment of the student
- For student self and peer assessment.
Number of lessons: 6