This scheme of work for KS3 aims to teach students an understanding of the skills and techniques behind stage combat and to enable them to go on to develop these into on-stage routines.
By the end of the scheme students will have gained the following knowledge/skills:
- Awareness of a range of stage combat moves
- Understanding of the safety aspects and skills involved
- Ability to link moves together to form short sequences
- Ability to choose music to complement action
- Ability to develop narrative.
Number of lessons: 6
(organised into six one-hour lessons, delivered over a period of six weeks)