The aim of this scheme is to introduce Year 8 or 9 students to monologue in seven 50-minute sessions.
- To give students the confidence to use monologues as an alternative way of presenting character to audience
- To allow students to realise the potential in the use of monologue when considering the structure of both devised and scripted work
- To target vocal delivery, concentrating particularly on tone, variation and pause
- To allow the students to recognise the importance of an actor’s relationship with an audience through use of stage space and eye contact
- To familiarise students with key drama terms and help them to formulate a drama vocabulary
- To enable students to evaluate their own work and others’
Number of Lessons: 7