Fewer Emergencies by Martin Crimp
This scheme of work of work can be used with the Drama and Theatre Studies Specification GCE – Unit 1. I have included an introduction lesson and then assessment lessons which cover all elements except the Practitioner element. I would also include a series of exploration lessons that allow the students just to play around with the play and the different elements.
While I have labelled each lesson under a specific element, it will often be the case that a session will cover more than one element, for example almost every activity they explore could also cover interpretation.
Students must be able to:
- Explore both plays practically (this is one of two plays – the other should
- Use a script
- Think imaginatively on a range of tasks
- Understand the roles of a theatre production team and how they contribute to a production
- Learn about the craft of the playwright and how plays are structured
- Understand and use theatre language and terminology.
Explore the plays in a wider context with regard to:
- Non-verbal communication
- Vocal awareness
- The social, cultural, historical and political context
- The visual, aural and spatial elements of a production
- The response to a practitioner (only needed for one of the two plays)
Number of lessons: 8