Choral Directions 2018
We are delighted to welcome Marin Alsop as guest editor of this year's Choral Directions – the annual choral supplement brought to you by Classical Music and Choir & Organ magazines.
In this issue:
- Marin Alsop: our guest editor discusses her instrumental approach to conducting choirs and the influence of Leonard Bernstein
- Previews, premieres & choral highlights: a look at what's coming up in the international choral world over the next 12 months
- Breathing: voice coaches and choir directors offer advice on how best to breathe when singing
- OSESP Choir: São Paulo’s inspirational choral programme offers opportunities to Brazilian children from the ages of 7 to 19
- Bowing out: Stephen Darlington leaves Christ Church Cathedral after 30 years, sharing memories of his time in Oxford and reflecting on the state of choral singing in the UK
- New Christmas music: as choir conductors start to plan their Christmas repertoire, we pick our favourite new carols and contemporary seasonal pieces
Digital download: £2.95
Printed copy: £3.95 [ISBN: 978-1-910622-67-4]
This supplement is published annually to accompany the September issues of Classical Music and Choir & Organ magazines. The next issue of Choral Directions will be published in September 2019.